Pages

May 1, 2010

Online shopping-Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer

Maa ke haath ka khana
By rice I swear!

If you ask me to tell you a few characteristic things about myself, I wouldn’t miss mentioning that I am an ardent rice-lover. So when I moved to Delhi from good ol’ Cal (‘Calcutta’ not ‘California’); I had no idea that North Indians ke sehat ka raaz was asli gehu ki rotiyaan (not to forget, smeared with desi ghee). And that my friends, was not something that I or my digestive system was used to.
Ah, the soft fluffy rice that mom cooked and my fingers digged into! But no, maine soch liya ki rice is something that I cannot (and will not) give up. So, I gifted myself the 1.5L Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer with Warming Function. Now that I have it, cooking soft, fluffy rice is a breeze, not to forget the quick, hassle-free process.



In fact, when mom came down to visit me she was surprised to see that I was cooking! Daal-rice, rajma-rice, Thai curry and rice, chhole-rice and my all time favourite, fish curry and rice; you name it and I could make it. Thanks to my Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer! It not only helped me with my cooking but also in keeping the rice warm for hours. As for my Dilliwale dost, they have never known a better chef than me. Jab bhi they feel like eating a rice-specialty they know whose place to attack.

1.5L of cooking capacity makes sure the entire gang eats to its heart’s content. Food is never wasted because my Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer with Warming Function comes with a measuring cup that lets me decide the exact quantity of rice to be cooked. The steaming basket aids in steaming the rice and making it extra puffy while the ladle helps me serve. No chik-chik, no khit-pit; only easy-to-make and serve, delicious rice!

I’ve been thinking of gifting a 1.5L Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer with Warming Function similar to mine to mom this Mother’s Day. I bet she’ll be surprised and would love the gift! The ‘Cook’ and ‘Warm’ indicator lights, the thermal fuse for safety and the auto shut-off when the cooking process ends will make cooking easier for her. But I’m also thinking of asking for a return gift. Now let me think; Mom’s an ace cook and I love her haath ka khaana. Perhaps in exchange of the 1.5L Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer with Warming Function I will ask her to cook dum-pukht biryani for me (umm, remember the Rice Cooker will save her time and energy!)

And of course, if you promise not to tell her about my surprise gift, then probably I’ll think about getting some biryani, cooked by mom in the new Automatic Non-stick Electric Rice Cooker/Steamer with Warming Function for you too!

Features & Specifications:

* 8-Cups/1.5L cooking or steaming capacity.
* Automatic keep-warm function maintains perfect temperature and keeps rice hot for hours.
* Removable, coated non-stick cooking pan.
* Cool outer enclosure with attractive floral print.
* Protective coating on the surface.
* ‘Cook’ and ‘Warm’ indicator lights.
* Press down lever to operate.
* Housing material: metal alloy.
* Sealed cover.
* Dome lid prevents condensed water from falling over steamed vegetables.
* Thermal fuse for safety.
* One touch operation.
* Auto shut-off when cooking process ends.
* Additional accessories: Measuring Cup, Ladle and Steaming Basket
* Detachable power-cord.
* Specifications: Volts- 220 V. Power- 500 W
* Shape: Cylindrical
* Dimensions: Length x Breadth x Height: 258mm x 258mm x 255mm

Bold 'n' Bindaas:

Do not touch when hot. Keep away from children.

No comments: